Research Participant Consent, Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement
The research study in which you are about to participate will cover confidential information that is protected by law.
This agreement sets forth the terms and conditions under which protected information may be used and disclosed during the research study you are attending.
This agreement shall commence on the date signed and shall continue indefinitely.
- The research participant understands that in order to properly communicate with them about the details of the research study some of their personally identifiable information may be shared with Strategic Research’s 3rd party clients. This information is only used to communicate, and will not be sold, or used for any other purpose than to participate in the research study.
- The research participant hereby agrees to maintain the security and privacy of all confidential personal and corporate information by keeping the content of such information confidential and complying with all state and federal laws and regulations, including the HIPAA and regulations thereunder, and all applicable law.
- The research participant further agrees not to use or disclose any information presented during the discussion to any third parties and only to use the information presented to the extent necessary to serve as a research participant.
- The research participant may review PHI only for purposes of assisting in the medical-legal research conducted in the case by serving as a focus group participant.
- Upon conclusion of the research study, the research participant shall return all disclosed handouts, notes, and discussion materials disclosed and released during the project to research staff and shall retain no copies of such information. Such information is strictly confidential.
- The research participant is in good health and is participating at their own risk. Participants will comply with any requests by staff, researchers, and participants to use sanitizer, cover coughs, wear face masks if asked, and ensure the health of all others involved.
I understand that the information, materials, and documents that I will be given during this project are strictly confidential and cannot be discussed at any time outside this research exercise. I understand that sharing the details of my experience in any way is strictly confidential and is considered a breach of this contract.
I understand that my responses and discussions at the research study will be recorded for later analysis. Any recordings will be used for private research purposes only, are protected under privacy law, and are not for public distribution.
In exchange for being paid, I agree with all statements listed above and those which may be disclosed during the proceedings of this research study.